Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Chile, Colombia, Germany, New Zealand, Mexico, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Peru, Portugal, Sweden, Viet Nam, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Greece.United Kingdom, United States

Popular Posts

Farhan Akhtar

Farhan Akhtar on what it was like acting under sister Zoya's direction for the second time in her latest Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.
Farhan Akhtar, producer and one of the three heroes of Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, talks about letting his sister Zoya call the shots. Excerpts from the interview:
You're possibly the only Bollywood actor being directed by his sister. How was it working under Zoya's direction the second time around in Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara?
I like to work with her; she is very clear about what she wants from her actors. If I didn't enjoy myself the first time (Luck By Chance), then the second time wouldn't have happened.
One has heard stories that you were a talented dancer and would win first prizes at dancing competitions and even overshadow Hrithik Roshan at kiddie parties. So what was it like dancing with Hrithik?
Well, I've danced in the film, but don't know if I've danced well. There were heavy-duty choreographed steps and all of us had a blast doing them.
Your production concern Excel has completed 10 years. How true is it that you started because your mother said, ‘If you don't start doing something, I'll throw you out of the house'?
Every parent is concerned about his kid's life. My mother sat me down and tried explaining stuff to me, but I guess throwing me out of the house worked for me.
Dil Chahta Hai, your first film, released 10 years ago. Some feel it was the best you have made till date.
It's nice that people still talk about my first film, but it's not that people don't talk about Lakshya or Don. In the various community pages I visit, people tell me how much they liked Lakshya and how they are waiting for Don 2.
Do you think you had an advantage over other actors in Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara because you stayed with the script longer than them?
No, I don't think so. Yes, I knew my part as also those of the others from the beginning. But at the end of the day, I can't play another's role.
Abhay was a surprise choice for a film like Zindagi …
His first was Socha Na Tha, a coming-of-age film, and he has also done a road film, which is the core of our film. Abhay is so selective about his work that whenever he chooses to do a film, the audience can be sure of something special in it.
Any moments that stayed with you from the shooting?
I was comfortable with sky diving because I've done it many times before. Strangely, in the promo, I'm shown as someone who has problems jumping off the plane.
What will the audience take back from the film?
The audience will take back a lot of ticket counter foils because they will see the film many times. What I really like about it is, beyond all the fun and entertainment, it has something to tell the audience, without being preachy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Blog Archive